Originally, this property (WI/2 19-1-South Orillia Twp.) was purchased from the Crown by the Grand Trunk Railway from this company by Philip McLeod. In 1893, it was bought from Philip McLeod by Thomas Shaw Jr. This bush property, which it has become known as in subsequent transactions, became a source of added income to the farm in maple syrup and wood sales. Bolts and saw logs have been sold at different times as a result of bush improvement and management program.